Public Service Communications Excellence Awards 2019
There is only one category for the Public Service Communications Awards – excellence in public service communications campaigns.
Regardless of budget, discipline or channel we are seeking the best of the best, campaigns that make a real difference. From large low/no cost and grassroots community engagement to TV public information campaigns or organisational change communications excellence is the key.
About the Awards
Public Service Communications Excellence Awards were jointly developed by the leading public service communications professions – LGcomms, Government Communication Service (GCS) and the Local Government Association (LGA) to celebrate excellence in public service communications campaigns and programmes.
They are free to enter and open to all public service communications professionals working in central and local government, health, emergency services and wider public service organisations.
A panel of senior public service communications professionals will assess entries against the Government Communications Service OASIS (Objectives, Audience insight, Strategy, Implementation, Scoring evaluation and outcomes) campaign planning model.
Winners will be announced at a special evening awards event and ceremony to be held as part of the annual GCS, LG Communications and LGA joint Public Service Communications Academy - this year’s event takes place at the Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM) in Manchester on the 5th and 6th November 2019.
Last year’s Excellence Award winners case studies:
- The London Borough of Waltham Forest
- South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Birmingham City Council
- Manchester City Council
- Lancashire County Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
How to enter
Complete and return the Communications Excellence Awards Entry Form 2019 to tell us about your world class public service communications. Please send completed entries to GCSawards@cabinetoffice.gov.uk by close 30 September 2019.
Alternatively, entrants may submit a short film (two mins max) in place of the written submission or in support of it. This could be drawn from existing campaign material or a straight-to-iPhone vox pop on your campaign.
Please ensure that your entry:
● Has been signed off by the Director or equivalent Head of Communications for your organisation;
● That you are content for this information to be shared with the participating professions and partners. Material from entries may be used in post-event publications and online to promote excellence and best practice in public service communications. Where applicable entrants should clearly mark any sensitive information or parts of their entry as ‘not for publication’;
● You have completed all sections of the form (including campaign budget); and
● Include a named contact (include email and telephone) for any follow up queries.