The Future Leaders programme runs throughout the LGcomms membership year - from July 2016 through to March 2017. We have tried to give an idea of the month when parts of the programme will take place and will confirm exact dates in due course.
Past and Present networking event
This will be a chance for present future leaders to meet past graduates and will also be a chance for 2016 participants to meet their mentors.
This event is arranged by the Future Leaders Alumni team
CommsCamp - Birmingham - Thurs 14 July 2016
- Successful applicants will receive a place at CommsCamp
Best Practice Days - London - September 2016
- Combined WCC/Hackney day (followed by drinks and networking)
- Combined LGA/Cabinet Office day
You may be required to stay overnight*
Public Sector Communications Academy - November 2016
- You will be required to attend atleast one day of Academy as part of the programme where you will be involved in a closed unconference session (details of this session will be confirmed well in advance)
- ALL Future Leaders taking part will get a discounted place and will only need to pay £100 for FULL Academy
Depending on how many days you attend, you may require overnight accomodation*
Peer Reviews - Run throughout the programme
- This section of the programme will require you to undertake a peer review with the LGA's peer review team. More details on this will be provided once the course has started.
Leeds Beckett University Course - January/February 2017
- This will be a two day course hosted by Professor Paul Willis from Leeds Beckett University and will include a group dinner after the first day
You will be required to stay overnight*
Final 'Graduation' day - March/April 2017
- This will be a full day with a graduation dinner afterwards
There will be an optional overnight stay depending on location*
- As part of the programme you will be allocated a mentor from the LGcomms Executive Committee
* ALL costs for the programme are covered by LGcomms except travel and accommodation which needs to be covered by your own Authority/organisation