Simon Jones, LGcomms Chairman, sets out why you need to be at this year's Public Sector Communications Academy in Birmingham this October.
1. Academy is the comms practitioner’s skills development of the year – last year 9 out of 10 people said it helped them get ahead in their career.
2. The communications landscape is changing every year and we need new ideas and new skills to do our job and keep pace.
3. It will help develop your skills across all areas of communications, including traditional media, new media, campaigns, internal comms, evaluation, community engagement and stakeholder engagement.
4. It is a chance to meet like-minded people and create a support network – there will be more than 600 folk attending over two days from Whitehall, Town halls, NHS, police and fire.
5. It will help you put science and innovation into what you do – for example by learning how to apply behaviour change techniques in your campaigns.
6. It has the right blend between strategy and practical – from looking at how devolution is changing our world – through to tips like how to create the perfect film on your mobile.
7. You will find out how public attitudes are changing – and what the modern challenges are when it comes to connecting with our communities and building trust.
8. You will hear from the world’s leading lights on communications, including Alex Aiken, Rachel Miller, Ben Page and Professor Paul Willis to name but a few!
9. It is being held in the beautiful buzzing city of Birmingham – and easy to reach from virtually any part of the UK!
10. It is the once-in-a-year chance to immerse yourself in best practice, designed to help you sharpen your pencil and get ahead in your job.
And, one for the road…
11. It’s only £99 per day if you get in early – where else will you be able to learn from the world’s best at such a rock bottom price?
Simon Jones, LGcomms Chairman