Comms Defining Moments
Prepare for and present challenging interventions
Define your future in communication
Success as a senior communications leader can depend on being able to manage a number of pivotal interactions successfully.
These so-called “defining moments” can include:
- Telling truth to power
- Working in a political environment (and being clear about where the line is)
- Presenting to a leadership team where there may be corporate culpability
- Briefing a senior political leader on a difficult challenge
- Writing an advice note for the chief executive on a complex issue
This one-day workshop run by Carl Welham and Mark Fletcher-Brown will offer delegates the opportunity to prepare for and present challenging interventions.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Plan interventions
- Get feedback on “performances”
- Try out different approaches
- Observe and critique others’ approaches
Comms Defining Moments will cost £114.53 per person for LGComms members and £247.46 for non-members and will take place in Birmingham on April 10th from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Carl Welham has been a Director of Communications in Nottingham, Reading, Sheffield, Bucks, Hackney, Oxford. Mark Fletcher-Brown has been a communication consultant for more than 22 years and has recently published Perceptionomics, a guide to managing perceptions.